Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend

So as most of you know Brad has been wanting a certain toy for quite some time now. Well he finally got his toy and couldn't wait to take it out and get it dirty. He had also been planning on going to Beaver Mountain for this particular weekend in hopes that I wouldn't go into labor. Lucky for me I didn't);
So here is a picture of our new toy. It's the blue one with the roll bars. It's a lot bigger in real life. Brad couldn't wait to see if it would fit through the narrow trails of back country Beaver Mountain.
We successfully made it! We went on an excursion with Aaron, Lisa and their friends Eric and Dallas and of course the girls all strapped in the back of our Rhino.

There is this cute little lake completely hidden deep in the trees just above the cabin property.
The girls were having so much fun they fell asleep.

One of the projects Brad had in mind while we were up at the cabin, was to replace a rope swing that hangs from a gigantic pine tree in the back of the cabin.
So being the boys that these guys are, they worked on a little plan to get Brad safely to the top of this tree and he would work on knotting the new rope so a swing could safely hang from the branches he so delicately scaled.
I'm just glad Brad got down safe since there was really no way I was going to win at talking him out of climbing this tree. Here are the girls playing in the snow with Dallas.
I think poor Dallas had had it by the end of the day with the girls wanting her to do everything with them. Sorry Dallas! I hope we didn't scare you guys too bad away from having kids.

2 comments:

Staci said...

He got it huh? Go Brad! I must say I am jealous...not as much as my husband will be though! One day...

::dallas:: said...

yes! thanks a ton! We really had a blast! and i was in no way sick of your girls they were so cute! We should do it again!