Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day! My day started with homemade Waffles by Brad. They were super yummy and absolutely perfect. Then of course we had to hurry and get ready to go to church by 11am. The only thing that may not have been quite perfect was the fact that Brinly was too shy to go up and sing with rest of the primary kids. I didn't want to force her to go up but I was a little bummed. The rest of of the children looked and sounded great though! Maybe next year. We ended church with the traditional flowers being passed out by the youth to all qualified mothers. Those are always fun to get. Brad and I enjoyed a nice quiet afternoon watching the Jazz game while the girls all had a two + hour nap. I called my mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and then we went over to Brad's parents house where all the guys pitched in to make dinner for a few of us moms.
That was nice not to have to cook or clean up (the one day a year that I don't have to). Dinner was absolutely wonderful by-the-way guys! We proceeded into the living room and exchanged gifts for all the moms. Brad surprised me with this picture which he put some time of his own and a little of his crafty self went into it as well. I was very impressed! Thank you honey. He also gave me some sconces to go with a picture of the temple that he got me for Christmas. When I get that hung I'll show what those look like. Over all it turned out to be an awesome Mother's Day, thanks to my Husband who makes it that way. I Love you, Brad!

5 comments:

Miriam H said...

Hey Jana!! Nice to see you are back in the blogging thing. We had a fun mothers day too. Sounds a bit like yours. That sucks about your back yard. I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left. Talk to you soon I hope!

Bree said...

ahhhhhh, I absolutly love it!! Now, if only I can get Owen to be that creative.(; Oh, I got (part) news, you should call me when you get a second without kids! lol

Carolyn said...

The picture is much more impressive coming from Brad. Sorry about Brinly.

The King Family said...

Okay, I am sure glad you commented so I could find your blog. This will be fun to keep track of you. You guys are so sweet, we just love ya. AND, your girls are absolutely adorable! PLUS, I can't believe you are almost to have your baby. You barely look half way along. You look really great!

::dallas:: said...

Hey Jana!! Beaver Mtn was sooo fun!! Just wondering if you could email those pics you took of me and Eric... That would be wonderful!!
dall_xoxo@msn.com
thanks!