Thursday, May 8, 2008

Backyard Catastrophy

So we had a little issue yesterday that had to do with the main pipe for our sprinklers. I happened to go out back cause the girls wanted to play with some bubbles.
Next thing I knew I was starring at a mound of grass that had been lifted from it's roots by some massive amount of water. I called Brad to tell him that maybe a sprinkler pipe broke and told him of this mound. I don't think my telling him did much because obviously pictures don't do this "thing" justice.

Within an hour of discovering the first mound a second one had formed and more water had flooded our backyard.
Now for those of you who know how wide our backyard is these pictures only show roughly half of our backyard. Luckily only this half got flooded and not the other side because who knows what would have happened. (House flood???) By the time I actually took these pictures I had been instructed on turning off the main water flow to our sprinklers and this mound you see dropped about six inches or so.

Once again these pictures don't do this mound justice, but hopefully you get the idea of our excitement yesterday. Thanks to Brad (who happended to get off early), my brother-in-law Aaron, and our neighbor James Dotson (who after work at 5:30pm was able to bring a small pump to pump the water out to the street) we have been able to atleast start the process of drying it out. Thank goodness our neighbors yard didn't get too much water in their yard. I really don't want to imagine what could have happened had I not atleast discovered it when I did. I only wished I would have known what to do sooner. Oh well!

3 comments:

Bree said...

That is pretty amazing now that I see pictures to go with the story, I can picture it better now!!! The picture doesn't give it justice from how you were explaining it, but I can totally imagin! (; Thanks again for last night... It was GREAT!!!

Kena said...

I am so sorry that happened! what a mess.

Rachel Garner said...

yikes! what a mess. sorry! my grandma always says this- if it's not one darn thing it's another. I have found it so true! ha ha. see you soon! Rachel