Sunday, March 29, 2009

Go Cubs, Go! Go Cubs, Go!

So I know it's been a little while since I've last posted. I thought I'd let you know how spring break went. Most of you know that we went to Phoenix for Spring break to enjoy a little of our annual Cubs Spring Training Baseball experience. First of all 91 degrees is what we enjoyed or lack there of. We went to a couple of games, did some shopping, lots of eating, more shopping and lots of driving. All in all we had a really fun time. Brad and I drove down with the kids Wednesday morning. We drove through Vegas because we heard that route was faster! not exactly! The dam was cool and the new bridge they are constructing was fascinating but to drive 4.5 miles in 1.5 hours not so fascinating! Needless to say, our 6 hour trip turned into over eight hours because of that, construction in various spots, and rush hour that we would have missed had we been through Phoenix 2 hours earlier. The trip was well worth it though. Mom and Dad joined us Thursday night to finish out the rest of the weekend. We enjoyed having them with us except they might rethink sharing a suite with us next time because the girls wanted to be right in their room with them and couldn't understand why they could not follow them into the bathroom. Yeah so there is no privacy in our home! Good luck!

10 comments:

Tonya said...

Great fun! We always love Spring Training! I love your pictures too...you'll have to show me how you got them arranged so nicely on the page! I always have trouble! Thanks for the update! Glad you're back safe and sound!

Shannon Allen said...

One of these days, we are gonna have to go with you! That would be so fun!!

Melanie and Curtis said...

How fun..it's good to see you survived the hot weather..you didn't even look burnt..thank goodness for sunscreen right?! Skylar is getting cuter every time I see her..I always look forward to seeing what headband she will be wearing next. SO cute!

Kamille said...

I love the idea of Spring Training. Unfortunately Spencer's busiest time is in the Spring. Ugh. Watch for the pictures of my new car soon.

ScottJez said...

You were at HoHoKam?! I am so jealous. Love the hot dogs there. We went to a Diamondbacks-Cubs game when it was completely packed and it was so much fun seeing my two favorite teams.

The Vegas way is takes longer even in good traffic conditions. We did that once coming back and except to see specifically the dam or the bridge (or the train mainline that runs parallel to the road out near Phoenix) I would not go that way.

Josie said...

I knew you went to Phoenix, but I didn't know you what you were going for, sounds fun! Glad you had a good and safe trip!

Bree said...

Looks like you did have a good time thou! I just love the cute pictures. I can't believe how big Skylar is getting. I'm getting baby hungry again, so Hawaii better hurry itself up!!! (; glad you guys had a good spring break.

Krista said...

Looks like fun! The girls looked like they were enjoying the atmosphere. What a fun vacation!

A and L Stapley said...

Thanks for making me jealous!! I'm glad you guys had fun... and wish that things would have worked out that we could have gone... next year.

Katie said...

I love that pic of you and Brad at the bottom. So happy you had a fun Spring Break- so sad I don't see you more, neighbor.