Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dance Recital


This last Saturday, the girls performed in their Christmas Dance recital. This year was Brooklin and Madison's first so it was a little scary and exciting for both of them. First of all, I can't wait for Brinly to learn how to do her own hair (nuf said). Three girls in curlz and makeup! Anyway, I was glad I atleast had Brad to help get the girls' costumes on. Needless to say we were about 10 minutes late to rehearsal, but just in time for the girls to go up on stage to practice their number once before the main event. I walked Brooklin and Madison behind stage and thought that was a piece of cake until, Maddie started falling apart and would not for the life of me dance on the stage. She bald and her teacher had to hold her the whole time. So I'm thinking great! The recital was about to start and of all days she had to fall apart now! Well after much coaxing, bartering, and hugs and chats from mom, dad and grandparents, Maddie finally went to sit with her class to perform.
It just so happened that Brooklin and Madison were placed right next to each other and right next to their cousin Taylee so it worked out perfect for the cameras and the photographers. Brinly was born to perform and pose. She did great and it was nice to see her do a little more than just hand motions and blown kisses. The girls were beautiful and all did so well! We are so proud of them.

9 comments:

Bree said...

That is SOOO stinken CUTE!!! They look so adorible! Now I want to put Rylee in dance class. ):

Tonya said...

Jana-your girls are so beautiful! They looked so cute in their dance costumes! I love little dancing girls...such fun!

Melanie and Curtis said...

Your girls are so adorable. I love the bows you made for their hair...ya, I don't know how you did it with 3. I managed to mess up and I only had one to worry about. It can be a bit stressful! So fun to see the video. Good job!

Jake and Chantel said...

That is the cutest thing ever!! All the girls are so cute and did such a good job!.

Unknown said...

Don't you love performances. I am not used to having my own children perform, I am used to getting everyone else in my classes ready for them, then I forget about my own children! I am glad the sobbing stopped, and the performance went on. You need to teach me how to get video's on blogger. I guess that could be part of an Enrichment Night, right?

Meghan said...

That was a fun night! I can't thank you enough for driving Rylee each week. I seriously owe you big time :) Rylee was such a mess that night, it was adorable! We love your girls so much, and Rylee loves taking dance class with them!

Williams Family said...

well ladie hope you have a great christmas and it goes well. Here is my address 470 East 100 south #39 st George 84790 cute little pic by the way

Miriam H said...

That is so dagone cute Jana!! I can't wait for my girl!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness that is adorable!!!!